That was not at all the case here. It didn't look like pasta, it certainly didn't taste like pasta. It was good for those of us who would eat it, but M was not at all fooled.
Original recipe from epicurious.
- a 2- to 2 1/2-pound spaghetti squash, halved lengthwise, reserving 1 half for another use
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
Wrap the squash half in microwave-safe plastic wrap and microwave it, cut side up, at high power (100%) for 10 to 12 minutes, or until it feels soft when pressed. Let the squash stand for 5 minutes. In a small microwave-safe dish combine the butter, the onion, and the mushroom and microwave the mixture at high power (100%), stirring once, for 5 minutes, or until the mushrooms are tender. Discard the squash seeds, scrape the flesh with a fork into a bowl, and toss it with the mushroom mixture, the parsley, the chives, the Parmesan, and salt and pepper to taste.
Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Spaghetti-Squash-with-Mushrooms-and-Herbs-10315#ixzz1HqsuxKvw