Sunday, April 6, 2008

Pork Tenderloin Stuffed with Smoked Gouda and Bacon


I got this one from Elly at Elly Says Opa! Here's the link.

Seeing as Gouda is probably the best cheese in the whole universe, I thought this would be a hit. I got a 1 lb tenderloin, which I thought was awesome since most cuts of meat are for families of four or even more! I learned how to butterfly, something I don't think I've ever done before. I omitted the sage, cause I had none. I also used nitrate free turkey bacon.

This was pretty good. I just wish all my cheese hadn't melted away. Unsure as to cooking time, I consulted my handy dandy Betty Crocker Bridal Edition, which indicated I should cook at 450 for 25-30 minutes, or until meat thermometer said 155. For a 1lb tenderloin, though, it probably should have been closer to 20 minutes. Alas.

The loin was pretty good, and I'll be sure to try this one again. I might try it with regular bacon next time--maybe a low sodium one if I can find it... there was a little too much salty in this for my liking. I served it with Stove Top's roasted garlic flavor (really good!) and a side of carrots.

My presliced loin:

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails