Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Turkey Meatballs with Spaghetti

From Everyday Italian by Giada Di Laurentiis
You can see it here!

Ok, so I did things my own way. I started to make the sauce, and then hungry husband started asking how much longer till dinner. I then looked at the recipe and noticed I had missed the "simmer for one hour" bit. WOOPS!

So I pulled out some jarred sauce. And when I say "some," I mean about a 1/4 cup. YIKES. So I started to make do with what I had.

Then hungry husband suggested that we put the meatballs in the pot of still cooking sauce. Ok, whatever... I said that I was planning to put the sauce in with the meatballs rather than vice versa, but he wanted to help so, sure, do whatcha like. So we ended up with Giada's sauce, Giada's meatballs, spaghetti, and a 1/4c of jarred sauce tossed in.

Anyway, our assessment of this recipe was that the meatballs were just ok. There wasn't a whole lot of flavor in there. They were good enough to eat, but not good enough to make again. The sauce was pretty good. When it's all gone, I think I'll try making it again....WITHOUT the addition of jarred sauce!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails