Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Ham Steak with Fruit Salsa

I've blogged about this one once before, and it's so funny reading about the horrible missteps of making the recipe that time.  I've made this one many times, and while the recipe suggests that it can be made with any fruit, I like it as it's written so much, that's the only way I've made it.

The last time I blogged it, I did not share any pictures.  Additionally, my photo taking has improved immensely, if I do say so myself.



I always struggle with side dishes to serve with this recipe.  It's ham, so my mind says I should serve it with some sweet potatoes.  I always mean to do that, but it's usually not something I do since my husband doesn't like them.  Tonight, I served with carrots and a salad.

Did I mention that this is a Weight Watchers recipe?




Ham Steak with Fruit Salsa from Weight Watchers' Make it in Minutes cookbook.

2 peaches, diced
6 plums, diced
1/4c finely chopped red onion
1/2 jalepeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped  slices 
2T fresh lime juice
2T chopped cilantro
1T Dijon mustard
1T packed dark brown sugar
1-1lb ham steak

1. Heat the broiler to the hi setting.
2. Combine all ingredients, up to an including cilantro, in a large bowl.
3. Mix the mustard and sugar in a small bowl. 
4. Place the ham steak on the rack of a broiler pan; brush with half the mustard mixture and broil, 4 inches from the heat, 4 minutes. Turn the ham over and brush with the remaining mustard mixture; broil 4 minutes longer. Cut the steak into 4 portions and top each with 1 cup of the fruit salsa.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails