Sunday, June 19, 2011

BBQ Grilled Chicken

I didn't take photos of this because it was really a last minute meal and we were starving. 

It never occurred to me that grilling chicken breasts would require any more work than grilling them up and then slathering some BBQ sauce on top.  But for some reason, I did a little googling and found this website, which directed me otherwise.  I took her advice and came up with some really tasty BBQ chicken.



First, I trimmed the breasts, and cut slits in them.  I set them in a marinade of 1c olive oil, 1/2c red wine vinegar, garlic, pepper, and Italian seasoning.  I was pressed for time, so I marinated for 15 minutes a side.  Meanwhile, I sprayed my grill, and preheated it to medium. 

I then drained the chicken from the marinade, discarding the marinade, and placed the chicken on the grill with the score marks down.  I basted the top with my BBQ sauce, rotated after about 4 minutes, and then basted with BBQ sauce again.  I grilled them for about 15 minutes total, until the chicken felt firm.

So good and so easy!


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails