Saturday, June 11, 2011

Cheesey Stuffed Tomatoes

Photobucket 

I've commented a few times about the recipe swaps I've been happily participating in.  A few weeks ago, I ran a grilling swap, and when I saw this submission, knew I'd be making it soon.

They were so absolutely delicious, I can't even describe it.  They were just like my mom's fried tomatoes, but without the frying.  So much healthier!  I served these with grilled corn, and had I been thinking, I'd have also made mashed potatoes.

You have to make these.  They're so great and fresh and delicious, and YUM!



Cheesey Stuffed Tomatoes courtesy of The Novice Chef

Ingredients:

4 medium tomatoes
1/4 cup of your favorite breadcrumbs
2 tbl butter, melted
8 basil leaves, chopped
1/2 cup monterey jack cheese, shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Parsley for garnish

Directions:

Slice off top of tomato, hollow out (leaving 1/2 inch thick shell), and chop pulp and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine bread crumbs, butter, basil, salt and pepper. Next stir in cheese and tomato pulp. Fill each tomato shell and then wrap each tomato individually in foil.
Grill, or bake (at 400 degrees) for 10 to 15 minutes, until cheese is completely melted. Garnish with parsley and serve hot!
A Novice Chef Blog Original

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails