Sunday, June 5, 2011

Caramel Banana Ravioli

This is a very late post for the recipe swap a group of friends participate in; this time around, the theme was dessert.  I submitted Raspberry Cheesecake Brownies.

If you're interested in what the results of the other recipes were, check out NJ Nesties' Best Recipes for the recipe roundup!



Photobucket
I received a recipe from Dana for Caramel Banana Ravioli, and oh wow, were they good.  I had a bit of trouble with the dough, so most of them turned into Caramel Banana Purses, but it doesn't much matter when they tasted as good as these do.  I almost drizzled these with hot fudge as well as the caramel, but decided not to at the last minute--I'm glad I didn't.  I figured there was both chocolate and caramel inside, so why not top it with both too, but I think it would have been overwhelming to have the chocolate outside as well as in.

If I hadn't had to fight so much with the dough, this would have been a super easy dessert recipe.  I'll most definitely be bringing it to some party we go to in the future, or maybe if we're entertaining!

Pictures coming soon!


CARAMEL-BANANA RAVIOLI
Ingredients:
2 Firm Medium Bananas
24 Pieces of Rolos (the chocolate covered caramel candy) or something similar
2 packages (8oz) refrigerated crescent rolls with no seams  (I had a hard time finding NO SEAM dough, which could by why I struggled so much)
1 tbsp sugar
1/3 cup of caramel sauce

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Brush a large pan with vegetable oil.  Slice bananas diagonally into twenty four 1/4 inch thick slices.  Cut caramels in half.
2. Unroll one package of dough onto bottom of pan, shape to form a rectangle.  (don't stretch.  dough shouldn't cover the entire pan)  Arrange banana slices over dough in four rows of six each, spacing approx 3/4 inch.  Top each banana slice with two caramel halves.  Unroll the remaining dough directly over the other and the filling, matching the edges of the two doughs.  Press firmly around each filling to seal.  Pinch together any tears.
3. Trim and discard edges of dough.  Cut into 24 raviolis. Separate the raviolis over the pan.  Sprinkle the sugar over the ravioli.  Bake about 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.  Cool for 2 minutes, and drizzle with caramel sauce.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails