Thursday, April 10, 2008

Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce



I found this recipe over at Proceed with Caution.

Shrimp with Garlic Cream Sauce
Ingredients
~1.5 tbsp butter
~1 tbsp olive oil
~3 cloves garlic, minced
~1/2 of a shallot, minced I had an enormous shallot, so I only used half.
~uncooked shrimp, peeled and deveined I used about 1/2 a pound
~spices for shrimp - I used salt, pepper, red pepper, and Creole seasoning
~1 plum tomato, pureed
~1/2 cup dry white wine None on hand; I used chicken broth
~1/4 tsp basil
~1/2 cup heavy cream
~1/3 grated Parmesan cheese

Directions
~Melt butter and heat olive oil in saute pan. Add garlic and shallot, cook 1-2 minutes.
~Season shrimp and add to pan. Heat 3-5 min until cooked, them remove from pan.
~Add wine, reduce by half over med-high heat.
~Add tomato puree and basil, simmer over low heat for 5 min.
~Stir in cream, heat through.
~Stir in Parmesan cheese. Add shrimp back to sauce to reheat and allow sauce to thicken.

When I added the shrimp back in, I also added some more crushed red pepper because I like it SPICAY! This was really good. I served it with brown rice, but... the baby woke up from his nap and it was finished before I even got to the shrimp. It was gross. But it probably would have been really good! I also served with sugar snap peas. This would be DELIGHTFUL over spaghetti!!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails