Sunday, April 20, 2008

Lemon Meringue Pie



Crust, before baking

Crust, after baking

Sugar mixture

Sugar and lemon mixture

Creamy goodness

Meringue, before baking

Meringue, after baking

Finished product, side view

Slice


ATK..coming soon.

A tradition from BAJ's family was that on someone's birthday, he/she got to pick dessert. In trying to keep up that tradition, I asked BAJ what he wanted for his birthday dessert. He said he wanted Lemon Meringue Pie, so I thought I'd give it a go.

Ironically, as I was making the lemon cream and the meringue, Alton Brown's Good Eats ran on the same dessert.

So anyway... this is a hard, complicated recipe. I did it in pieces, first making the crust on day 1 and the rest on day 2. The crust smelled SO good while it was baking, with the graham crackers mixed in. If I ever decide to torture myself again, I will certainly be making this crust again.

So when we went to eat the pie, I had a really hard time slicing it. The edges of the crust were on the..stiff side.

The verdict was that it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't fantastic either. It was decent, but I think I'll just shell out the bucks for a store bought pie next time!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails