Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Mini Meatloaves

This may be the most requested dinner in our house, which is super strange considering that my husband does NOT like beef.  But yet, the beef's flavor is diminished when combined with the sausage and homemade BBQ sauce, and he likes it!  I typically make the whole meatloaf mixture, and freeze whatever's leftover to make meatballs but have also made it into burgers.

Since I last blogged about this recipe in 2007, and it doesn't even have a photo, I figured it was time for an update (not that this is an awesome photo).  I love this recipe, and in its most recent appearance, my four year old helped me cook (though he wouldn't go on and reach his hands into the raw meat, but he did touch it).  I love that I can use ground turkey if it's cheap or turkey sausage, I can use raw onion or dried onion depending on what I have.  I've used a variety of different spices, depending on my mood.  This time around, I used some fresh garlic as well as some garlic powder.  You have to eyeball a few things, like the amount of bread crumbs you use, and the baking time--definitely keep an eye on them after 30 minutes!

 Little Meatloaves Allrecipes

INGREDIENTS

  • 2 eggs, beaten
  • 3/4 cup bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon dried Italian-style seasoning
  • 1 teaspoon garlic salt
  • 1 pound lean ground beef
  • 1 pound Italian turkey sausage
  • 1 cup ketchup
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
DIRECTIONS
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, milk, cheese, onion, Worcestershire sauce, Italian-style seasoning, garlic salt, ground beef and ground sausage. Mix this together well and form into individual loaves. Place the loaves in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
  3. In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Mix this together well and spoon some of this sauce over each loaf. Garnish each loaf with some Parmesan cheese and seasoning to taste.
  4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 to 60 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails