Sunday, August 14, 2011

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken

You know I love bruschetta; I've told you only about 100 times.  So when I saw this appear on "Point-less" Meals, I knew I'd be making it very soon. 

This was so fresh and summery; the bruschetta tasted so perfect, I ate it straight out of the bowl.  Of course it went well with the grilled chicken, I've seen chicken with bruschetta all over the place, and have made a few versions myself.

My husband was ill that night, so didn't eat any of this, E gobbled it up, and A wouldn't touch it. 


As suggested at Pointless Meals, I also served this with Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad.

You should try this while your basil plants are bursting and the produce stands are full of fresh, locally grown (not Florida!!) tomatoes!

Bruschetta Grilled Chicken Source:  Gina's Skinnytaste, via Pointless Meals

Grilled Bruschetta Chicken: serves 4 ( 4 oz. chicken + Bruschetta = 6 points + )



  • 3 medium vine ripe tomatoes
  • 2 small cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 2 tbsp fresh basil leaves, chopped
  • 1 tbsp extra virgin oil
  • 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
  • kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
  • 3 oz part skim mozzarella, diced
  • 1.25 lbs (8 thin sliced) chicken cutlets

Combine garlic, onion, basil, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Set aside and let stand. Dice  and seed tomatoes. Add to balsamic mixture. Right before serving, add mozzarella.
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper; grill until juices run clear. Serve chicken topped with bruschetta.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails