Sunday, August 21, 2011

You've GOT to try this.

I'll admit it.  I don't like Starbucks coffee.  For awhile, I had a Barnes and Noble credit card, which got me discounts on everything, including the in-store Starbucks.  I tried.  And tried.  And tried to drink their coffee.  I always ended up getting some super sugary latte, which was yummy, but not so great for me.

So combine this with my husband's dislike of all things coffee, and I was kind of hesitant when I heard Starbucks had a new line of ice creams at the grocery store.  But then I was given the opportunity to try it, and took a good look.  My grocery store had two flavors that were more like the flavored coffee like drinks I often bought at the Barnes and Nobel Starbucks--Strawberries and Cream Frappuccino and Signature Hot Chocolate, and they also make another non-coffee flavor, Vanilla Bean Frappuccino.

I chose the Signature Hot Chocolate because it sounded awesome.  We both absolutely loved it.  I love that it has swirls of chocolate fudge throughout, but it's different than other ice creams because it's still just an awesome texture--like a cold version of hot fudge.  (That was my favorite part of this ice cream).  I can't tell you if this is like another coffee shop's Iced Hot Chocolate or not, but this is delicious.  It's rich and it tastes like it has both dark and milk chocolates, and if it does, it has them in the perfect combination.

I'm now really curious about the coffee flavors of Starbucks ice cream.  The Signature Hot Chocolate was so delicious, I can't imagine I wouldn't like all their flavors!  Also, check out the Starbucks Ice Cream website, which provides recipes of different fun things you can do with each flavor.


I wrote this review while participating in a campaign by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of Starbucks and received coupons and a promotional item to thank me for taking the time to participate.  Please check out the very awesome blogging community, Mom Central!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails