Saturday, August 13, 2011

Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad

My grill has been getting a workout lately, and I've been the Grill Meister...errr, Frauchen.  So when Pointless Meals suggested this recipe to accompany Grilled Chicken Bruschetta, I had no fear (cavalier...). 


When I went to the grocery store, I chose the way less expensive, still with the roots, arugula, instead of the bagged, convenience, arugula.  BIG.  MISTAKE.  I washed it about a hundred times and there was still sand all over it.  Totally gross (and I'm a beach lover who eats a LOT of sand!), and quite a turnoff.  Lesson learned. 

When my salad wasn't extra crunchy, it was quite tasty.  I also made the mistake of getting goat cheese instead of crumbled goat cheese, which also wasn't super appetizing in this preparation, but it added great flavor anyway.

Grilled Peach and Arugula Salad Source:  Cooking Light via Pointless Meals

¼ c. balsamic vinegar
2 T. honey
3 peaches, each cut into 6 wedges
1 T. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
5 oz. Arugula
2 oz. thinly slice prosciutto, cut into ¼ " strips
2 T. crumbled goat cheese


Bring vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and simmer until vinegar is reduced to about 2 T. Remove from heat and stir in honey. Cool to room temperature.


Place peach wedges on a grill pan coated with cooking spray. Grill 30 seconds on each side or until grill marks appear, but peaches are still firm. Remove from grill and set aside.


Combine oil, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add arugula and toss. Arrange arugula on a platter. Top with peaches, prosciutto and goat cheese. Drizzle with balsamic syrup.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails