Thursday, August 11, 2011

Creamy Shrimp Rolls

If you were to ask my husband what food he'd like for his last meal, he wouldn't reply a steak dinner (he hates beef of pretty much all kinds) or even his well loved Crab Legs.  No, this man would ask for a sandwich.

When Lisa shared this recipe from Woman's Day magazine, I knew I'd be making it that week, because it sounded pretty tasty, easy, and most importantly, no cook (aka, no heat!).

I was glad I did; we all really liked this, and my doesn't want to eat anything I put in front of him child asked for seconds and also wanted it for lunch the next day.  (Hallelujah, Woman's Day magazine and Lisa!)  I didn't have any tarragon, though I thought I had some in the cupboard, so instead used dried oregano.  Also, like Lisa, I couldn't find cornichons.  I took her advice to get the smallest pickle you can find, and used these.

So give this baby a try for a ladies' lunch, Lenten dinner, or just because it's too darn hot!  I served with sweet potato fries and regular fries!

Creamy Shrimp Rolls Woman's Day
(Link is currently broken as of August 10, 2011.)
Recipe taken from Yahoo! Shine
Recipe Ingredients
  • 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
  • 1 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
  • 1/4 cup cornichons, chopped, plus 1 Tbsp brine Black pepper
  • 1 lb cooked, peeled and deveined large shrimp, coarsely chopped
  • 2 tsp chopped fresh tarragon
  • 4 hot dog buns
  • 4 pieces romaine or green-leaf lettuce
  • Potato chips, for serving
Recipe Preparation
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise mustard, brine and 1/4 tsp pepper.

2. Add the shrimp, cornichons and tarragon and toss to combine.

3. Line the buns with the lettuce and top with the shrimp mixture. Serve with chips, if desired.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails