Monday, January 31, 2011

Chicago Style Pizza...?

Photobucket

A few weeks ago, I tried Annie's recipe for pizza dough, Perfect Pizza Crust.  I used half, and froze the rest.  The other night, I tried the frozen dough and wanted to try to do it Chicago style.  I found this recipe for Chicago style pizza dough, and followed it using the dough I already had.


I've been using a pizza stone for some time, and my pizza pan has been relegated to the drawer under the oven.  The benefit of making pizza in the pan rather than on the stone was that, even though the dough didn't stretch all the way to the edge of the pan, I was able to get it much more round than shaping it on the counter, which made a much prettier pie.

It didn't come out as deep dish, but I wonder what would've happened if I'd used the whole ball of dough instead of half.  At any rate, this was delicious again!



Photobucket

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails