Friday, September 17, 2010

Pulled Pork

This popped up in my Google Reader, and I saw pork shoulder on sale, so thought it would be a great thing to make. It comes from Mel's Kitchen Cafe.

My plan was to make it for us, but I ended up not making it so I instead took it to my parents' house for dinner with them.

We all really liked it, though we had a hard time getting Little Man to eat his. He loved the bread, though!

It was super duper easy, probably even easier than the previous pulled pork recipe I made. And it's made in the crock pot, so I just dumped everything in and let it cook away.




BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Printable Version with Picture
Printable Version

3 to 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder (I’ve also used boneless pork loin – not tenderloin – but pork loin with good results)
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
1 tablespoon hickory flavored liquid smoke
2 cups barbecue sauce

Rinse the pork shoulder and pat dry. Rub salt and pepper over the pork and place in a slow cooker. Add water and liquid smoke. Cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, until the pork is very tender.

Remove the pork from the slow cooker and discard the remaining liquid. Shred the pork using a couple of forks. Place the meat back in the slow cooker along with the barbecue sauce and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes until the pork is hot again. Serve on buns with extra barbecue sauce.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails