Thursday, September 30, 2010

Creamy Corn and Spinach Enchiladas

Photobucket

I found this in Make it Fast, Cook it Slow, and The Crockpot Lady happens to have all her recipes also posted on her blog!

This took several nights to make, since I kept forgetting to make it!!  But I finally got around to it last night.  We both agreed that it smelled delicious, but looked disgusting.  BAJ thought it was good enough to eat tonight, but that he didn't want it again, while I thought it was awesome, and went back for seconds.

--1 can (14.5 oz) creamed corn
--1 cup shredded already-cooked meat  I used chicken, following this recipe
--1 cup baby spinach leaves
--1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves  I used jarred
--2 T chopped sliced jalapenos
--1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used a packaged Mexican blend)  I used a blend of Colby Jack and cheddar

--1 can (28 oz) green enchilada sauce  I used a small can; I think it was 14.5oz
--2/3 cup sour cream
--corn tortillas
--more shredded cheese

The Directions.

I used a 6qt Smart-Pot for this. You can easily use a 4qt, but instead of making each enchilada separately, you can just stack the ingredients in a casserole.

In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded meat, creamed corn, cilantro, spinach leaves, jalapenos, and shredded cheese. Mix. You may need to use your hands to get the spinach leaves really wilty and coated with the creamed corn.

This is your enchilada filling.

Put a corn tortilla out on the counter, and plop a spoon full of filling in the center. Roll into an enchilada shape and put it seam-side down in your crockpot. Repeat until you run out of filling. I used 10 corn tortillas before I ran out. I stacked them to fit.

Either wash your mixing bowl, or get out another. Combine the green sauce with the 2/3 cup of sour cream. This is optional, I guess, but it tastes really good.

Pour the sauce on top of your enchiladas. Add a few handfuls of shredded cheese for good measure.

Cover and cook on high for 2-4 hours, or on low for 5-7.
I cooked ours on low for 8 hours and it was too long. Everything got really mushy.

Let stand for 20 minutes with the lid off before cutting into.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails