Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Mushroom Ravioli with Marsala Sauce and Chicken

Photobucket

I made this once before with great results, but it wasn't nearly enough for the three of us.  With a package being very expensive, I had a hard time convincing myself to buy two (and spend $10 on a "home cooked" meal.)  This time around, I added some pan fried chicken to the sauce to give us some protein and a little more food.

The breast I had was ENORMOUS, and I realized too late that it would be a good idea to add it, so it wasn't cooked very well (overcooked in this case), but it was a nice addition to this meal.

The idea for the ravioli with marsala comes from Lauren, who took the recipe for the sauce from food network.  Original links are in my original post!

Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup onion, diced
  • 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 cup Marsala wine
  • 1 1/2 cups beef stock
  • Salt and pepper, to taste
Add olive oil to heavy hot saucepan. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, saute until mushrooms are tender. Add flour and cook about 1 minute then deglaze pan with Marsala wine. Add beef stock and cook until thick and flavors are blended.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails