Thursday, September 2, 2010

Chicken Ranch Pizza

Photobucket
I'm really happy with the version of pizza dough I make. But, we're starting to get bored with the traditional pizza and toppings. This summer, I've made pizza on the grill, BBQ chicken pizza, and now chicken ranch pizza. It's yet another recipe I've taken from the wonderful Annie's Eats. To be honest, I didn't quite make this. I did make the dough, but had to feed the babe, so M took over the preparation duties.

This came out quite tasty! Little Man (Formerly known as The Boy) wasn't a big fan, and barely touched his, but we liked it a lot! I think he rolled the crust a little bit too thin, perhaps because I only gave him half the dough to work with... I like my dough with a little doughiness to it, rather than cracker like.

So, yet another win for Annie's Eats!!

Chicken Ranch Pizza
Printer-Friendly Version

Ingredients:
½ batch of perfect pizza crust¼ cup Ranch dressing
¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½-1 grilled chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 tomato, seeded and diced
2-3 green onions, chopped
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
Preheat the oven and a pizza stone to 500° F. Allow the stone to heat for at least 30 minutes. In the mean time, cut a round of parchment paper the size of your pizza stone. (Alternatively, use a pizza peel.) Sprinkle lightly with cornmeal or semolina flour. Gently roll out the pizza dough into a large circle, leaving a thicker ring around the edge for the crust. Spread the Ranch dressing in a thin layer evenly over the unbaked crust. Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella. Top with grilled chicken, tomato and green onions. Sprinkle with shredded cheddar. Once assembled, carefully transfer the parchment round and pizza to the preheated baking stone and return to the oven. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and browned. Slice, serve, and enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails