Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mushroom Ravioli with Marsala Sauce

I saw this on Lauren's blog and figured it would be a great one for us to try. My husband is a huge Marsala fan, and often orders mushroom ravioli when we go out to eat, so I figured I'd give it a try. Like Lauren, I bought a package of Buitoni's Wild Mushroom Agnolotti. I was toying with getting two packages, since I figured one wouldn't be enough for the three of us, but at $5.49 a package at my store, instead made a few side dishes. We had broccoli and bread (all I had was sourdough, which wasn't a great choice, but we definitely wanted something to mop up that delicious Marsala sauce) on the side.

Oh wow, this was outstanding. This was a very different Marsala recipe from ones I've made previously, and it was delicious.

All three of us enjoyed this one, and it was particularly fast and easy to make. Go to your store and make this tonight!

Here's the recipe for Marsala sauce, which she took from the Food Network site.
Ingredients
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup onion, diced
  • 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
  • 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
  • 3 tablespoons flour
  • 1/2 cup Marsala wine
  • 1 1/2 cups beef stock
  • Salt and pepper, to taste

Add olive oil to heavy hot saucepan. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, saute until mushrooms are tender. Add flour and cook about 1 minute then deglaze pan with Marsala wine. Add beef stock and cook until thick and flavors are blended.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails