Monday, June 28, 2010

Asian Chicken Wrap

Photobucket
From So Easy by Ellie Krieger, page 83

I had a hard time figuring out what would make this wrap "Asian," but the addition of sesame oil to the homemade dressing did exactly that. It was absolutely delicious, and so simple. Ellie means for this wrap to be a lunch meal, but we had it for dinner. I couldn't find Napa cabbage in the store (which is strange because I'm pretty sure it's in season right now), so I used romaine lettuce. In addition, I asked in the store where I could find wraps, and was directed to the Mexican aisle. So, I used burrito wraps that we already had.

These were delicious, and were awesome as leftovers too. Great to put in a lunch to take to work!

Ingredients:

Servings:

4

Directions:

Prep Time: 15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins

  1. 1 Make the sauce first, by combining the yogurt, mayo, brown sugar, soy sauce, mustard, sesame oil and chili sauce and stir until well blended.
  2. 2 To make each wrap, place 2 cabbage leaves on 1 wrap, then layer with a quarter of the chicken and peppers.
  3. 3 Drizzle with 2 T. of the sauce.
  4. 4 Top with an additional cabbage leaf.
  5. 5 Roll the wrap and serve or wrap in some foil to go!

Read more: http://www.food.com/recipe/asian-chicken-wrap-424351#ixzz1EEPyjc26

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails