Saturday, March 9, 2013

Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken and Quesadilla!



Ah Pinterest, what a joy to play and find new foods!

While I've been trying to eat "clean" (no extra or processed stuff in our food), it hasn't always been tasty, easy, or fun.  But when I saw this recipe on Pinterest, I knew I'd be trying it soon.  I wasn't sure what I'd do with the zucchini since my husband does not eat it, but went ahead and made it easy by chunking it; next time, I will grate it since neither my husband NOR my children ate it and I noted that it really didn't have a zucchini flavor.

This was so easy to toss together that I was able to make it in the always crazy before work morning (of course, grating the zucchini will take longer).  It came out very tasty, but we both felt that it wasn't very filling.  My husband got the awesome idea to drain some of the liquid off, add some grated Monterey Jack cheese, and turn it into a quesadilla.  Not as much on the clean eating side, but way better than a lot of other meals we could have had instead!  And it was super delicious this way too, as well as way more appealing to the kidlets.

So, give this easy and tasty chicken a try... and turn your leftovers into a tasty quesadilla for lunch!

Slow Cooker Pineapple Chicken Source:  The Gracious Pantry


  • 2 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed 
  • 1 (12 ounce) jar of your favorite salsa (I used Spike's medium and it worked well; even for my "it's too spicy" boys!)
  • 1 raw zucchini, halved, quartered, then sliced (shredding works too)
  • 1/4 medium, fresh pineapple, cut into chunks

Directions:

  1. Cook chicken and salsa together in your slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours, until chicken shreds easily.
  2. Pull the chicken apart using two forks and stir in your raw zucchini and fresh pineapple.
  3. Serve!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails