And these were a big hit indeed! We all loved the flaky deliciousness and the tasty innards. I made mine like a pocket while Stephanie made them more like rolls; either way you make them, make sure you double the recipe (they freeze really well and make a fast meal) because the as written didn't feed my little family--they just could not get enough!
I served with steak fries and barbecue dipping sauce and some carrots on the side.
BBQ Chicken Pockets Source: Stephanie Cooks
1 tsp olive oil
6 ounces cooked chicken, diced
1 can crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Combine chicken and 2T BBQ sauce in a small skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, until warm and coated well. Set aside and keep warm.
- Form rectangles with the crescent roll dough by sealing two triangles together. Coat with BBQ sauce as thickly as you like (I wouldn't go too thick or they will be gooey).
- Place equal amounts of chicken on each rectangle. Top with cheeses.
- Form a pocket around the filling, making sure the filling can't escape through any holes. Place on a baking sheet, and bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes, until lovely and golden.
- Top with cilantro and enjoy!