Friday, March 8, 2013

Artichoke Pasta

I am good at meal planning and grocery list making.  Sticking to the meal plan, however, tends to be a problem.  The other night, I planned to make something and came home to discover I forgot to buy one ingredient and had planned (and forgotten) to go to another store for a different one.  Nothing was defrosted and frozen ravioli looked to be the night's meal.



Then I remembered my friend Lishie having posted a delicious looking meal for which I had all ingredients earlier in the day.  Like many pasta based dishes, it seemed like it would be fast, so I took out everything and started cooking.

The kids weren't super enthused about this one, but my husband and I enjoyed it a lot.  Not only was it delicious, but it was also super fast.  Like 15 minutes fast.  I omitted the bacon, which surely would make this even more fantastic though would also add to the cooking time.  I loved the artichoke, the flavors, and the cheesiness.  I wish I'd used less pasta, though, because it was sort of overwhelming and made a TON of leftovers.  No complaints from this girl, who will be enjoying this one for lunches for a few days!

This would be delicious with some cream......

Artichoke Pasta very slightly adapted from Delish




  • 1 lb. medium pasta shells
  • 1 T olive oil
  • 1 shallot, chopped
  • 1 package frozen artichokes, defrosted
  • 1 can diced tomatoes with juice
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced
  • 1/4 c shredded mozzarella
  • grated parmesan, optional
Cook the pasta as directed, to al dente.

Meanwhile, heat the olive oil until shimmering over medium heat.  Add the shallot and cook for a minute. Add the artichokes; cook about three minutes. Add the tomatoes and the garlic. Allow to simmer for about fifteen minutes, stirring occesionally.  Stir in the mozzarella until melty and gooey. Top with grated parmesan and enjoy!



No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails