Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwich

Another week, another swap.  This one happened to come the day after my husband said something along the lines of, "My favorite food is sandwiches," probably making some reference to Joey from Friends.  I received this from Gianna, who also submitted the eggplant parm I made a few weeks ago.

This came out so good looking.  We joked that it would have tasted so much better with tomato, because the recipe suggests it and I didn't realize we were out.  Otherwise, it was perfect, and planned so well with a spot of good weather this afternoon just seeming right to bust out the grill.

I loved the rolls I got for this, Wegman's whole wheat sandwich rolls.  If you have a Wegmans, try these rolls cause they're yummy and really made the sandwich.

Instead of following the recipe, I used store bought honey mustard in place of the honey and the mustard, and added maybe 1t of more honey to make it sweeter.  This worked wonderfully.  I also brushed the honey mustard mixture on the chicken before grilling, then brushed it on the roll before serving.

I love that this recipe is so versatile.  Before we had a grill, I was often disappointed that I couldn't make grilling recipes.  This, however, could easily be made on a George Foreman, in a skillet, under a broiler, or even baked.

Thank you, Gianna, for a great, easy, dinner recipe!

Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches
½ cup Mayo
2 tbsp. deli-style mustard
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
2 Green onions (chopped)

Mix all ingredients in bowl. 

1- Grill 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
2- Brush chicken with 2/3 of mixture.
3- Serve on sandwiches (nice crusty bread) with lettuce, tomato and leftover honey mustard mixture!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

why the comic sans

Related Posts with Thumbnails