Saturday, April 30, 2011

Cheesey Chicken Skillet

I've somehow managed to feed my family this week without a big grocery shop.  I've stopped at the store a few times for odd and ends, and yeah, we got a dinner out once this week, but other than that, I've somehow made do.  I had some chicken breasts defrosted, and found an older recipe on Lauren's blog that I had everything to make.

Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures, and it really didn't look photo worthy anyway, but it sure was EASY and TASTY.  Total wins here.

I (surprisingly) didn't have any mozzarella, so used sharp cheddar instead.  It worked just great. 

This came out a little saucier than I prefer.  I held off on adding the pasta to the sauce for a few minutes (probably adding it with 3 minutes left on the timer) so it could thicken up a little.  Maybe this is what caused the problem, and the pasta would've soaked up some of the sauce?

I also had some fresh basil in the house, which I used for the dried.  Yum!

Cheesey Chicken Skillet from Brooke, via Lauren
Ingredients
  • 2 cups of pasta
  • 3/4 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
  • 1 can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
  • 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
  • 1 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1 tbsp dried basil
  • 1 tbsp dried oregano
  • 1 tbsp garlic powder
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp black pepper
  • 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella
Cook the pasta as directed. Heat 10 inch skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken & cook thoroughly. Reduce heat to medium; stir in soup, tomatoes, milk and seasonings. Stir in cooked pasta. Cook about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until bubbly & heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Reduce heat, cover & let stand about 5 minutes.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails