Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Sausage and Tomato Rigatoni

From Kraft's Foods and Family Magazine. Link here

This was an easy recipe, but I was not at all impressed. I have a few problems with Kraft's recipes, and I don't know why I continue to try them. First, there's the overarching complaint of Kraft being a subsidiary of Phillip Morris (you know, the whole "cigarettes aren't bad for you" people). But that's not the complaint I'm going to get into here.

As one might expect, Kraft's recipes call for... DER... Kraft products. Not surprising, and one can usually find alternatives and substitutions in the grocery store. Not always, but usually.

My bigger problem is that they almost always call for something one cannot get in small quantities. So, in order to try tonight's recipe, I had to purchase a bottle of salad dressing (for which there was no generic alternative). It is probably a 16oz bottle, the smallest they had of that flavor. So now I have another salad dressing bottle sitting in my fridge. It's not one of our typical dressings, so it probably won't get used and we're not making this recipe again. And you know salad dressing isn't CHEAP (and of course it wasn't on sale either).

It's just dumb, and I'm dumb for using their recipes too.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails