Oh, how delicious it was. The mint was a really interesting twist and brought a lightness and freshness to this salad. This was my first time using our homegrown mint, so I was thrilled to give it a try, and now I'm curious how swapping it for other herbs would go in other recipes. Of course, the mint could be swapped for what you have around; dill, cilantro, basil, parsley would all work well too.
Cucumber Salad with Tomatoes, Red Onion, and Mint from allrecipes
- 2 large cucumbers - halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt. Let stand at room temperature for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, onion, mint and oil to cucumbers and toss to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.