I love the lemon dressing that goes along with this, though I have to admit I probably went a little heavy on the lemon here. I'd have to say that it's really important to use fresh lemon here because it is so forward in the salad.
Crab, Corn, and Tomato Salad, Cooking Light, June 2008
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 tablespoon extravirgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 1 pound lump crabmeat, shell pieces removed
- 8 (1/4-inch-thick) slices ripe beefsteak tomato
cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1. Combine zest, 3 tablespoons juice, and next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons juice mixture. Add remaining 2 tablespoons juice, corn, and next 4 ingredients (through crab) to remaining juice mixture; toss gently to coat.
- 2. Arrange 2 tomato slices and 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes on each of 4 plates. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon reserved juice mixture over each serving. Top each serving with 1 cup corn and crab mixture.