Thursday, December 31, 2009

Pear Gorgonzola Butter

Making this for tonight's New Year's Eve festivities. I threw it all together last night, and have it "marinating" in the fridge.

Original recipe came from Cooking Light; find it here.

I had some last night, and thought it was tasty, but perhaps the Gorgonzola (Gorgon makes me think of that movie Little Soldiers... you know, the Gorgons:)


Pardon the digression.

Anyway, the Gorgonzola might be too much in this dish, or maybe I just used too much. It's probably not my favorite cheese in the whole world, and the pear does a nice job of balancing. I might add some pear juice in if BAJ agrees.
Photobucket



Ingredients

  • 1/2 cup chopped canned pear halves, drained
  • 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Gorgonzola cheese I accidentally got creamy Gorgonzola
  • 1 tablespoon (1 ounce) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
  • 1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread baguette, cut into 12 slices and toasted

Preparation

Combine all ingredients except bread in a small bowl; mash with a fork until well blended. Serve with bread.


So, after asking BAJ and another friend, it was suggested that I NOT add more pears or pear juice. It really didn't move. I didn't really like it any better after letting it sit in the fridge. It was easy, and a really nice idea, but it just isn't something I'll make again.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails