Saturday, December 19, 2009

Chocolate chip brownies

From The Cookbook Junkie
Chocolate Chip Brownies
Taste of Home Grandma’s Favorites Copyright 2006

1 cup butter, softened
3 cups sugar
6 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
1 cup (6 ounces) vanilla or white chips I used peanut butter chips
1 cup chopped walnuts I omitted these

In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; stir into creamed mixture just until blended (do not overmix).

Pour into two greased 9-in. square baking pans. Sprinkle with chocolate and vanilla chips and nuts. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.

Yield 3-4 dozen.

I made these for a faculty meeting I was responsible for helping to bring snacks to. I had a little bit of trouble with the oven, and they had to bake for way longer than advised here, but other than that, these were really easy to make. BAJ really liked them a lot, having at least one the night of, and at least two the next day. As for my colleagues, one of them said that I should become a baker because the brownies were so good. Everyone raved about them and many couldn't believe they were homemade... and by ME!
So, as a result of all that, and the rush I was in getting them done on a weeknight, I didn't get around to taking pictures. I took one on my cell phone before I gobbled it down at the aforementioned faculty meeting, but it looks terrible. Take my word for it, or check out the picture Cookbook Junkie has on her post!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails