Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pizza!

I found this recipe on a website about saving some loot around the home. It came at a perfect time, since the last few times I've made pizza dough in my bread machine, it's come out funky for some reason. I can't figure out if there's something wrong with the bread machine, so a fast recipe without a bread machine is great. This is that recipe. It's pretty basic, and very fast to make.

I made a few modifications, but nothing major... I used 1 cup of whole wheat flour, and the remaining cup and a half, I used bread flour (King Arthur; I think it's whole wheat as well.) I used olive oil instead of vegetable oil, and added some hot pepper flakes, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning.

This was actually my first time kneading dough. Woo!

I completely forgot the pictures, but it looked pretty!

I did find that this made more dough than was necessary for my pizza pan. Next time, I will use half the dough and freeze the rest.

I also didn't have any mozzarella in the house (woops!), and instead used shredded Monterey Jack. BAJ said it tasted different, and wouldn't say whether it was bad or good, just different. I am still fighting a cold, and couldn't really taste anything, but it tasted pretty good to me! I topped with canned mushrooms, and frozen mixed pepper slices.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails