I wasn't thinking when I made this shrimp dish, and served it over plain brown rice. While it was certainly delicious, I should have served it over Cilantro Lime Rice. Not only would I have made a side dish that better complimented the dinner, but I also would have used up some of the extra ingredients I bought to make the shrimp dish.
And the shrimp dish was lovely. I brought it in for lunches for a few days after, and while the shrimp definitely get rubbery in the microwave, I still enjoyed this the second time around.
Cilantro Lime Shrimp Source: Skinnytaste, via He and She Eat Clean
2 lbs shrimp, shelled & deviened
2 tsp olive oil
6 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
1. Heat a large frying pan on medium-high heat.
2. Add oil to the pan & once the pan is hot add shrimp.
3. Season with salt & pepper.
4. When the shrimp is cooked on one side (about 2 minutes), turn over & add garlic.
5. Saute another minute or two until shrimp is cooked, careful not to overcook.
6. Remove from heat.
7. Squeeze lime over shrimp & toss with cilantro.
8. Serve & enjoy!
Makes 4 servings (each serving is 6 oz)