Saturday, September 1, 2012

Mexican Pizza

When I told my husband we were having pizza for dinner, he told me to make sure I got spaghetti sauce and mozzarella when I went to the store.  Funny enough, I didn't need either for this version of pizza (well, I needed mozzarella, but I had a package in the fridge).

This was so incredibly tasty, and was a great end to a week chock full of delicious homemade meals.  My pizza turned out really ugly because, for some reason, we tend to have problems getting our pizza from the pizza peel to the pizza stone.  It didn't at all take away from the yum that was this pizza.

Make this for your next pizza night.  Dooooo it!!

Mexican Pizza Source:  Stephanie Cooks
Ingredients:
1 batch pizza dough
1 tsp. olive oil
1 bell pepper, sliced thin
1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
3 ounces chicken
1/2 tsp. taco seasoning
1 cup salsa
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese

Directions:
1- Preheat the oven to as hot as it will go with your pizza stone in the oven.
2- Prepare your dough, rolling it out on a surface coated in corn meal or parchment paper.
3- Heat the oil over medium heat in a skillet.  Add garlic and peppers, cooking until soft.
4- Rub the chicken breast with taco seasoning; dice the chicken. Add to the skillet, cooking until cooked through.
5-Add the salsa to the skillet, stirring well. Stir over medium heat for a couple minutes to warm through.
6- Top the pizza with the salsa mixture. Top with both cheesees. Bake 7-10 minutes on the pizza stone or until cheese is melted.
7- Serve hot.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails