Friday, September 4, 2009

Slow Cooker Upside-Down Chicken Pot Pie



I got this from a recipe group on a message board I use. I wasn't really too optimistic that my husband would like this, since he doesn't like chicken pot pie, but he DID comment that he REALLY liked this one.

This was so easy to prepare, and so great for my first day of work. I used a smaller jar (I think 12 oz) of turkey gravy, and that just wasn't enough... definitely need to make it with more liquid.

I love that this was an all in one pot meal, with the chicken, the veggies, and the biscuit!

Picture coming soon!

Slow Cooker Upside-Down Chicken Pot Pie (linda98ny)
From Betty Crocker

1 1/4 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 dried bay leaf
1/4tsp pepper
1 jar (18 oz) chicken gravy
2 medium celery stalks, cut into thin slices (I use alittle less)
1 bag (1lb) frozen mixed veggies
instant biscuits (I use the ones in the tube)

1. Place chicken in slow cooker. Top with onion, bayleaf, pepper, and gravy. Place celery on gravy.

2. Cover and cook on low heat for 8-10 hours

3. About 30 min before serving, bake biscuits.

4. Meanwhile, gently stir frozen veggies into chickenmixture. Cover and cook 15 min. Remove bay leaf.

5. For each serving, split biscuit and place one half on the bottom of a bowl. Spoon chicken into bowl then top with other half of biscuit. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails