Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pioneer Woman--BBQ Meatballs and Mashed Potatoes


Meatball recipe here.
Mashed Potato recipe here.

This was pretty tasty. I think I added a little too much milk for the amount of meat I had, but they turned out good anyway. I found it's really important for the oil to be hot enough; mine wasn't in the beginning and those first few fell apart. I also had way more than I needed, so froze some for future use; we'll see how that goes.

The potatoes. I stopped before putting them in the oven. BAJ said they tasted pretty much like my regular potatoes, but I think he wasn't really paying attention and focused on the not enough salt aspect. I thought they were tastier than my normal mashed potatoes, although I didn't add quite enough half and half. I have no potato masher, so wanting to follow PW's advice as much as possible, I skipped the mixer and mashed with a fork--just like my ancestors did.

Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails