Saturday, May 24, 2008

Fettucine with Tomatoes, Ricotta, and Basil

From Betty Crocker

1package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine
3tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
3/4cup ricotta cheese
1/2cup grated Parmesan cheese
1large tomato, chopped (1 cup)
2tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh basil leaves
1.Cook and drain fettuccine as directed on package. Return to saucepan.
2.Stir together butter, ricotta cheese and 1/3 cup of the Parmesan cheese. Toss with hot fettuccine.
3.Top fettuccine with tomato, basil and remaining Parmesan cheese.

I found this recipe one day when BAJ first started living in sin... err.. together. The first time I made it ended in disaster. I know you don't really want the gory details.

Oh, you do?

Ok, so I was waiting for BAJ to come home from work before I started cooking (it's incredibly fast) and was doing some dishes in our dishwasherless apartment. I was washing a glass when it shattered with my hand (and sponge) in it. I wrapped my hand in a towel and waited for him to come home because it was my good hand and I was gushing blood--I couldn't have driven myself to the hospital. Luckily, he came home soon after and off we went.

Needless to say, we had McDonald's that night... it took almost 5 hours for the hospital to see me. YIKES.

This time around (and all times since that first time) went off with much greater success. This was a perfect spring meal, especially considering I needed to purchase no ingredients for it, I have a gorgeous pot of fresh basil growing, and it generates very little heat for a warm kitchen. YAY!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails