In fact, due to my running around, my husband was the one who made this on the grill. In the rain. Thanks, honey!
I probably didn't pound the chicken evenly/thin enough, so the chicken was a little big to be enjoyable, but otherwise, this was just wonderful. The teriyaki provided a little bit of tang as a foil to the super sweet grilled pineapple.
Make this soon while the weather is gorgeous and you just want to grill, grill, grill!
Chicken Teriyaki Burgers Source: For the Love of Cooking
- 3-4 chicken breasts, trimmed of any fat
- 1-2 cups of your favorite teriyaki sauce
- 1 can of pineapple rings (or fresh pineapple if you prefer)
- Low fat Swiss cheese slices
- Low fat mayonnaise
- Hamburger buns (whatever flavor you like)
- Additional topping ideas:
- Tomato slices
- Sweet yellow onion slices
- Extra teriyaki sauce
Spray cooking spray in a grill pan over medium heat. Add pineapple rings & cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove from grill pan & set aside. Add more cooking spray to the pan; add chicken and cook over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on the first side. Turn over and add the pineapple rings and low fat Swiss cheese. Cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Heat the bun in the broiler for 1-2 minutes. Add low fat mayonnaise to the bun, chicken/pineapple/cheese, and all the fixings you want. Enjoy!