Thursday, December 16, 2010

Pastor Ryan's Spicy Orange Garlic Shrimp

Photobucket

I love shrimp.  Not only are they super tasty, and really not that expensive, but they cook so fast... last night, we went from frozen to table in about 30 minutes.

I know many are enthralled by Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond, and the recipes I've tried from her have been great, but I rarely find something on her website on my own.  Most things I've tried have been of the so many people have tried this and raved about it, I guess I will too variety.  But I found a post in which she shared many of her favorites over a period of time, and this recipe was listed.  I gotta tell ya, it was that last picture that really sold me on this one.

This made some really delicious, although very spicy, shrimp.  I swirled some pasta in the sauce, and it came out excellent--my favorite part actually.  We couldn't get The Boy to eat any beyond his first bite, and the kick had both of us drinking milk to deal with the burn.  So, I will definitely be cutting back some of the spice next time.

BUT, there will definitely be a next time.  Upon his first bite, BAJ grunted... this grunt meant that it was REALLY good.  And you just can't beat how fast and how easy this one was.


Ingredients

  • 24 pieces (26-30 Per Pound) Deveined Shrimp
  • 2 cloves (to 4 Cloves) Garlic
  • ¾ cups Orange Juice
  • ½ teaspoons Ground Cayenne Pepper
  • 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
  • 3 Tablespoons Salted Butter, Divided

Preparation Instructions

Thaw and peel the shrimp. Thaw them by running them under cold water for a few minutes. Dry the peeled shrimp by draining them on a paper towel or two.
Thinly slice your garlic cloves. Add the garlic to ¾ cup of orange juice. Use a nice high quality orange juice. Measure out and add all of the spices to the orange juice as well.
In a large skillet over high heat melt 2 tablespoons butter. Once butter has melted add your shrimp. Cook them for about 30-60 seconds and begin flipping them over starting with the ones you placed in the pan first so they don’t get overdone. Cook for another 30-60 seconds. Remove the cooked shrimp from the pan, leaving the heat on high.
Once the butter and drippings begin to smoke ever so slightly add the spicy orange garlic mixture to the pan and give it a good stir. Add the last tablespoon of butter to the sauce and after a few minutes of cooking and occasional stirring your sauce should be slightly thicker.
Return the shrimp to the pan and give them a nice toss to coat them in the sauce. Allow an intermingling of souls to take place for just a few seconds and then it’s time for the fireworks.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails