Thursday, December 16, 2010

Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken

Photobucket 

I'm pretty sure I first saw this recipe referenced on a message board, but  when I actually made it, it came my way from The Crockpot Lady, who made it (amazingly) in her crockpot.  I cannot recall what happened that I didn't make it in the crockpot, but instead followed the recipe she used as inspiration, which came from Amanda's blog.

Of course I waited awhile to post this one, and don't remember what we think.  I'm pretty sure I liked it a lot but that M wasn't over the moon about it.  One thing we learned, though, is that The Boy DOES like bacon, but only "Mommy's bacon"--turkey, not pork.


Bacon Cheeseburger Chicken
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter
6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, split
1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
1/2 cup Ranch dressing
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 lb bacon (or bacon bits)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a large skillet, heat oil & butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts, and saute 4 to 5 minutes each side, until lightly browned. Place browned chicken breasts in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Cover with teriyaki sauce and dressing. Sprinkle with cheese and top with bacon bits. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.


Read more at http://www.kevinandamanda.com/recipes/dinner/bacon-cheeseburger-chicken.html#ixzz18KoeB5uG

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails