Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Saucy One Pot Dinner

Another good one from Kraft Foods. This is from my Dinner on Hand cookbook, which is all about options (yay)... it's a feature they've included (infrequently) in their magazine.

So, here's what I did... I browned a pound of ground chicken. I then added a cup of pasta, a cup of water, and a cup of spaghetti sauce, and a few good shakes of Italian seasoning. I boiled it, then covered and simmered for 20 minutes. Then I threw in a small onion (diced), about a handful of frozen sliced bell peppers, the rest of what I had of frozen broccoli florets, a can of sliced mushrooms, and a tablespoon of chopped garlic. I heated this for 5 minutes (well, however long it took the broccoli to get hot), and then added a handful of Italian blend of shredded cheese.

I have to say that, although these recipes probably aren't the most healthy stuff on the block, they will really help me in my goal of using crap up. This was pretty good, and I ended up saving the leftovers in the freezer for a future dinner. Hopefully, that will work out to be just as good as tonight's!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails