Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brown Sugar Glazed Ham Steak with Pineapple

I modified a recipe! Wahoo! I know this, in the grand scheme of cooking blogs, is not at all a big deal. But for me?? BIG DEAL!!

I took this recipe from Rachael Ray, which I found in a random issue of her magazine, and modified it to the ham steak sitting in my fridge.

Here's what I did:

1/4c brown sugar
1/4c maple syrup
1T Dijon mustard (the online recipe calls for 1T as well, but the magazine said 2T)

Heat to boiling in a medium saucepan. Simmer for a few minutes to reduce. Brush this over one side of a ham steak. Broil ham steak four minutes, turn over, brush again, and place pineapple slices over the ham. Broil four more minutes.

Done!

It was pretty good, pretty basic, nothing to really write home about. That said, it was super easy (although I'm very glad I'm not the one who has to clean that saucepan) and pretty tasty. I served it with Betty Crocker's Au Gratin potatoes and some Italian green beans.

Oh, but something important to note about this is that The Boy loved it! He ate all his ham, after gobbling up his pineapple.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails