Monday, July 2, 2012

Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp and Feta

The theme of a recent recipe swap was pasta, and I received this recipe from Real Simple.  Although the original recipe does not contain pasta, the sender puts it over pasta.  Despite this recommendation, I wanted a nice light meal for the brutal heat we've had the past few days, and instead served it with bread to sop up the yummy juices.

This was a pretty big hit, considering the 2 year old couldn't get enough shrimp--I think he ate more than I did--but my little tomato fan wouldn't even touch the roasted tomatoes.  My husband loved the juice with the bread, but wasn't over the moon about the shrimp and didn't really like the tomatoes.  The 4 year old was in a funk and wasn't much interested in eating, though he did say the shrimp was good.

As for me, I thought it was a great meal; the tomatoes were so sweet and a perfect complement to the shrimp.  I don't typically like feta, but it was a wonderful flavor choice here.  If I was making this for just my husband and I, I would probably add some spice next time with a dash or two of crushed red pepper.

In all, this is a nice and light, solidly good recipe!


Roasted Tomatoes with Shrimp and Feta  Source:  Real Simple

Ingredients

Directions

  1. Heat oven to 450° F. Place the tomatoes in a large baking dish and spoon the olive oil and garlic over them.
  2. Sprinkle with ¾ teaspoon each salt and pepper and toss. Roast on top rack of oven for 20 minutes.
  3. Remove baking dish from oven and stir in the shrimp, parsley, and lemon juice. Sprinkle with the Feta.
  4. Return the dish to oven until the shrimp are cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes. Serve warm with the bread.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails