Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Grilled Cheese twist

I found this idea forever and a half ago in Kraft's Food and Family magazine. It is a favorite in our house, and I doubt I've ever blogged about it. Have I mentioned that mozzarella, tomato, and basil is my all time favorite combination? Despite disliking roasted red peppers, if they're serving it with the above, I'm sold.

Anyway, so you just make your grilled cheese like you normally would, except you use mozzarella, add a slice of a tomato, a leaf of fresh basil, and make it on sourdough bread. (I have to say, the sourdough is really key--it doesn't work well on regular old sandwich bread, but imagine it would also be very tasty on Semolina!).

There you have it---the twist on Grilled Cheese!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I have had semolina bread before and my husband loves it because he is from Morocco and that is what they use to make their bread. I have been trying to find a place to buy semolina with no luck. Any idea where I can look to buy some semolina? Thanks!

CRS said...

I don't know if you're going to come back to check this, but my grocery store sells semolina bread in the bakery section. Also, you can check an Italian bakery; they tend to have it! Good luck!

Related Posts with Thumbnails