Friday, January 1, 2010

Crostini Alla Romana

Photobucket

This was a huge hit at our New Years Eve Party. They flew off the plate, and my husband told me today that I could make them again ANY time. He must've really liked them! I suspected that they would be a little tricky, but they turned out to be very easy.
I bought wayyyy too much proscuitto and mozzarella. I bought 2 packages of prosciutto, since it calls for 12 slices, but with the bread I used, I ended up using half for each toast. Same with the mozzarella; the one pound ball was so large, I used 1/2 of each slice for each toast. Finally, make sure the mozzarella isn't sliced too thick; the slice I ate was a little on the thick side which was a little too much for me.

Original recipe by Giada DeLaurentiis. Find it here.

  • 12 1/2-inch thick slices ciabatta bread
  • 12 slices thinly sliced prosciutto (about 6 ounces)
  • 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into thin slices
  • 3 tablespoons butter
  • 6 sage leaves
  • Pinch salt
  • Pinch freshly ground black pepper

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.

Place the slices of ciabatta on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake until crisp and golden around the edges, about 8 minutes. Remove the bread from the oven. Place the prosciutto slices and mozzarella on the crostini toast and return to the oven to melt the cheese, about 8 more minutes.

Meanwhile combine the butter and the sage leaves in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the butter is melted and starting to brown in spots and the sage leaves are crisp, about 5 minutes. Add the salt and pepper.

Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Transfer the crostini to a serving plate. Drizzle the crostini with the sage butter and serve immediately.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails