Sunday, January 10, 2010

Chicken Marsala with Sage

Photobucket
I had some Marsala wine laying around and some sage too, all leftover from NYE, so went in search of a recipe to use some of it up. I found this recipe over at epicurious, and figured it would be perfect, given BAJ's love of Chicken Marsala and the great reviews over there.

It was easy enough to make, although pounding my ENORMOUS chicken breast (I used ONE for both of us, cut in half) still wasn't enough to make it reasonably thin--should have just gone with the recipe's suggestion to cut it in half. Oh well.

I enjoyed the recipe, and thought it was pretty tasty. BAJ, on the other hand, said it was "Okay," but didn't finish his chicken. Oh well, fail again.

As I said, I only used one chicken breast, so used 1/2 c of Marsala and 1/2 c of chicken broth. I believe I used 3T butter, and there's really no suggestion how much sage to use so I just took a bunch of the leaves. I added some shallots to the sauce, although should have sauteed them a little first. If I had any mushrooms around, I would have added them as well.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails