Monday, May 4, 2009

Frugal test

I have a copy of The Tightwad Gazette (from the library!) that I'm perusing. Many of the tips, I know I cannot bring the hubs on board. But I discovered a recommendation for reusing coffee grounds. Not sure how to do this, I looked online to discover the blog A Penny Closer, which did this same experiment.

This weekend, I made a pot of coffee, using 4 c of water and 4 scoops of coffee. I reused those grounds (and filter), and added 2 scoops of coffee and 4 c of water to make my coffee this morning. Success! It tasted just right, after adding the requisite cream and sugar, and saved me a filter and 2 scoops of coffee. So this means I will use 6 scoops every 2 days instead of 8.

Now, can I use the same grounds and filter tomorrow? I think I will try!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails