Thursday, February 5, 2009

Tomato Soup with Chicken and Feta Cheese

This recipe appeared in my email on a day that I was cold, tired, and not in the mood to cook dinner. Perfect; we'll have soup and a sandwich for dinner. I went to the store and purchased prepared chicken salad, Perdue shortcuts (grilled chicken), and some feta cheese (sooo much cheaper than the Gorgon), and went on my merry way. I picked an Israeli feta simply because a gentleman at the store told me it was the best of the best but, more importantly, it was the cheapest per pound available.

This was so easy to prepare, and, with the exception of the feta and the chicken, was all stuff I had on hand. It was very tasty too, although not a great compliment to the chicken salad sandwiches. It was something a little bit different than our normal creamy tomato soup, so it was nice!

I was lazy and mixed the feta into the soup rather than crumbling it on top. This was also good leftover; I was a little concerned about reheating the feta, but it was still yummy.

I'll be making this one again for sure. Now, what to do with all the feta I have left over... hmmmm.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails