Friday, June 6, 2008

Skillet Shrimp and Sausage


Everyday with Rachael Ray Magazine, June/July 2008
Also can be found here

The only change I made was to use brown rice instead of white.

This was pretty good, but I did run into some problems. Perhaps because the rice was toasted first, perhaps I just didn't cook it enough, but it was very very hard. Disgustingly so. We really liked the flavor of the sausage (our first go with apple chicken sausage..yum!) and the dish overall was good. I look forward to trying it again as a freezer meal, but will cook the rice for a lot longer than the recipe suggests.

1 comment:

Rachel AKA Pixie4199 said...

My hubby loves Zatarains Jambalaya with sausage, I should give this a try.

I FINALLY responded to your tag!!!

It was my first too. You have de-virginized me!!!

Rachel

Related Posts with Thumbnails