Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sweet "Citrus" Chicken


I was going blindly through my google reader looking for something to put on this week's menu. This looked really good, and then I discovered it was from the blog of my buddy Lauren. Goodness, do we have the same tastes or what?

Anyway, here's what she had to say about this one.

I made this exactly as written, except that I used two chicken breasts. It, obviously, had a LOT of Stove Top leftover. In the future, I think I'll put it all in individual containers and freeze them for future dinners... we really liked this one! It was so easy, and it was very very tasty too.

Thanks, Lauren!!

Pictures Coming soon!

Ingredients:
  • 1-2/3 cups hot water
  • 1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
  • 6 small boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 lb.), pounded to 1/2-inch thickness
  • 2/3 cup orange juice
  • 1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
  • 3 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted

PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Add hot water to stuffing mix; stir just until moistened. Set aside.

PLACE chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish. Mix juice, sugar and butter until well blended; pour over chicken. Top with prepared stuffing.

BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through (170ºF).

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails